Buying shampoo can be a perplexing task. Hydrating, strengthening, hair smoothing, colour-safe, thickening. Don’t scratch your heads, as we are alongside you. Finding the right one can feel like you’ve hit the hair jackpot. And if you know what you’re looking for, it doesn’t have to be a mind game.
Did you know?
- By reaching menopause, 40% of women will have female pattern hair loss.
- Women can also experience hair loss. This is commonly seen in women and is known as female-pattern hair loss. This type of hair loss is inherited and most commonly affects postmenopausal women.
- The Myth – Excessive hair washing can lead to hair loss and thinning.
- Fact: There is no need to be concerned about hair loss if you use mild shampoos recommended by your dermatologist and follow a simple hair-washing procedure.
Let us dive into the topic to unravel the reasons for hairfall: Hair loss is a natural occurrence that is thought to affect almost every other person. Try looking around your pillow the next time you wake up if you don’tdon’t believe me. There is a good chance you will find a strand of hair next to you on your bed.
- Hormonal imbalances: It is one of the most common problems of hairfall or hairloss.
- High levels of stress and anxiety
- Medical conditions like thyroid, hypertension, and pollution, can also cause hairfall
- Apart from the factors mentioned earlier, hairfall can be associated with the weakening of the hair follicles due to the underlying heat and chemicals present in the shampoo.
Hair-centric problems are common in this modern era; however, performing these tips/ preventive measures is vital: as follows.
- Inculcate a healthy diet in your daily routine planner for the healthy growth of your hair
- Change your shampoo with protein-rich nutrients to avoid hairfall, and use them accordingly. Use shampoos suggested or recommended by professional stylists or dermatologists.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly and perform keratin treatment at Toni and Guy, as our professional stylists will perform the treatment that will help to reduce frizz and make your hair silky smooth and glossy.
Benefits of shampoo
- A shampoo enriched with vitamins and minerals can help stimulate healthy hair follicles.
- Using shampoos designed for your client’sclient’s hair type improves the condition of their hair, making it feel softer to the touch. To remove oil and dirt particles from the hair, wash it twice.
- Shampoo with botanical extracts is chemical-free and can stimulate the growth of a healthy scalp.
Tips for choosing the best shampoo for your hair growth and thickening: Our professional stylists have suggested some tips to keep in mind while choosing the best shampoo:
1. Determine your scalp type
It is essential to know your scalp type before choosing the shampoo. They act as product buildups, enhancing the scalp’sscalp’s growth with necessary nutrients and vitamins.
- Shampoo options for the oily scalp:
- Are you tired of washing your hair frequently to remove excess oils from your scalp? Don’tDon’t fret; we’ve got you covered.
- Shampoos with moisturising, smoothing, and hydrating formulas should be avoided. In general, these products add moisture to your scalp.
- Washing your hair twice with two different shampoos can also help with an oily scalp.
- You can treat your oily scalp by incorporating a clarifying shampoo into your hair care routine. Clarifying shampoos aid in the removal of product buildup from your scalp. However, use them sparingly, as they can worsen the scalp.
- Look for labels in the shampoo that determine the moisturising, strengthening or balancing for your hair. Shampoos that are less moisturising help remove excess oils.
- Shampoo options for dry scalp:
- Harsh chemical products should be avoided as they would increase the itchiness and flakes in the scalp. Maintain proper hygiene to avoid scalp dryness and itchiness.
- Sulfate-containing fortifying or volumising shampoos and hair care products should be avoided. They can dehydrate your scalp by removing moisture.
- Look for shampoos with ingredients like aloe vera and shea butter, as they increase the moisture in the scalp.
2. Determine shampoos based on hair type
Everyone has a different hair type. Thus, it is vital to determine the individual hair type and select the shampoo accordingly. Harsh chemicals in the shampoo can damage your scalp and hair follicles.
- Dry hair: If you have dry hair, it is a sign of hair damage. Dry, coarse hair gets easily tangled and frizzy. Always use a moisturising and creamy shampoos and conditioners on your dry hair. This hair type is prone to frizz, so choosing shampoos with moisturising ingredients will help condition the hair and reduce frizz.
- Avoid shampoos that contain sulphates, as they strip away the natural oils from your hair, making your scalp super dry.
- Oily hair: Excess sebum can make your hair more oily. However, with excessive oil production on the scalp, you should avoid hydrating and moisturising shampoos that add more oil and grease to your scalp, doing no help. Look for shampoos that strengthen your hair follicles and remove excessive oil particles and dirt.
- Colour-treated hair: They are subjected to extra care and nourishment post the hair colouring procedure. Coloured hair needs more dehydration that is colour safe and chemical-free. Colour-safe shampoos have a lower pH level and thus cannot easily open the hair cuticle. Some colour-treated shampoos contain SPF, protecting hair from sun exposure and colour fading.
- Curly hair: Pick a shampoo enriched with proteins and nutrients to ensure deep root conditioning and moisturisation. If your curls are frizzy, use an ultra-moisturising shampoo to reduce frizz and dryness without weighing down your hair.
- Also Read : 10 best haircuts for curly hair
3. Choose shampoos that treat dandruff
Dandruff can develop when your scalp becomes too dry. If you have flakes or buildup on your scalp, you may need a dandruff shampoo to treat the condition. Knowing which is best for you can be difficult with so many dandruff shampoos on the market.
- Active ingredients in other great dandruff shampoos include selenium sulphide and pyrithione zinc. Try a few different dandruff shampoos before you find one that addresses your specific issues.
4. Choose protein-based shampoos for falling hair
Pick shampoos that cleanse and invigorate the hair for healthy growth. Infused with proteins, natural extracts, and sulphate-free is a perfect shampoo mix that will help make some difference. Enriched with biotin, the shampoos suggested at our salon are a great pick if you want longer, healthy hair. For best results, pair them with a conditioner.
5. Choose shampoos based on the following categories
Consider the ingredients when selecting the best shampoo for your hair. Several shampoo ingredients can contribute to hair loss. Some can cause scalp inflammation and make your hair thin and brittle. Keep in mind the following things while using a shampoo, and select them that derive lustrous, long hair.
- Colour protection,
- Moisturising effect,
- Oily hair,
- Voluminous hair
Key tips for hair growth
- Apply hair masks
- Trim your hair regularly – Having a haircut and maintaining consistent hair growth is vital. Suppose you are having issues related to hair loss, keratin treatment at our salon help to reduce frizz and enhance hair regrowth.
- You can visit our salon and avail the best hairdressing services from top-notch stylists.
- Use the right hair care products for silky and shining hair: Consider our professional hairstylist’shairstylist’s suggestion regarding the hair products and use them accordingly.
We hope the above-listed points gave you insights on choosing the best shampoo for your hair growth. If you’re looking for professional results, visit our Toni&guy salon, and acquire the best hairdressing services. Our professional stylists are equipped with experience, and expertise, which will help you get the best results.
1. Can shampoo make your hair grow thicker?
Yes, it can result in making your hair grow thick. However, selecting the correct type of shampoo that is perfect for your scalp and hair type, with no chemicals, is vital.
2. Why is my hair so thin I can see my scalp?
Several factors can cause hair fall. Using certain hair products, wearing your hair up too tightly, being under stress, or not getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet are all lifestyle factors. People with immune system deficiencies may experience hair thinning.
3. How do I choose a shampoo for hair loss?
Look for a shampoo with natural ingredients, and opt for chemical-free shampoos that cause no damage to hair. Understanding your scalp and hair type is vital, and choosing shampoos accordingly.