You bleached your hair, and it is now damaged? What are you going to do? It goes without saying that bleaching your hair can be harmful. Taking care of bleached hair is really important. But it doesn’t mean you have to relinquish your bleached hair fantasies! There are methods for caring for bleached hair so that it can repair and become healthy again. In this article, we will look at several techniques to care for your bleached hair and restore it to health.
Read the full article to know about how to nourish your damaged hair back to health, from deep conditioning treatments to protein packs.
Did you know: Hair color is determined by the amount of melanin, or pigmentation, present in the hair.
Damages Caused by Bleaching the Hair
When you bleach your hair, you are removing its natural colour and replacing it with a new one. This procedure might harm your hair, making it dry and brittle. Split ends and even hair loss can occur if you are not careful. To avoid damaging your hair, be sure to use a gentle bleaching agent and follow the directions carefully. You should also use a deep conditioner or mask once a week to maintain your hair nourished and healthy. To avoid this, taking care of bleached hair is important and it can be done by using the proper products and following a few simple tips.
- To begin, use a shampoo and conditioner made specifically for bleached hair. These products will assist in repairing the damage done to your hair and making it softer and smoother.
- Second, when styling your bleached hair, avoid using heat styling equipment. The heat might aggravate your already damaged hair. If you must use heat, use a heat protectant on your hair beforehand.
- Third, get regular haircuts. Although it may appear counterintuitive, removing damaged ends will actually make your hair look healthier overall. Furthermore, it will keep your damaged ends from splitting up the shaft of your hair and inflicting further damage.
You can help limit the damage caused by bleaching your hair and keep it looking healthy and beautiful by following these simple tips.
Did you know: Pigeon droppings can cause hair to grow lighter and closer to blonde, therefore women did not have chemicals to color their hair back in Roman times. So they opted for pigeon poop.
Ways to Take Care of Damaged Bleached Hair
If you’ve bleached your hair and it’s now damaged, there are some things to do to take care of it and get it back to good health. A few things can be followed that aids you to protect and reduce damage to your bleached hair.
- First, you’ll want to use a deep conditioner or mask at least once a week. This will help to replenish the moisture that’s been lost and make your hair softer and more manageable.
- You should also avoid heat styling as much as possible, and if you do use heat, be sure to use a heat protectant. When possible, let your hair air dry and avoid using high heat settings on your blow dryer or flat iron. If you must use heat tools, select a low setting and don’t leave the device in one location for too long. You can apply a dry shampoo in between shampoos to make your style last longer.
- When you’re shampooing, use gentle products that are designed for color-treated hair. To begin, use a mild shampoo and conditioner. Look for sulfate-free products that are formulated for color-treated hair. When washing your hair, avoid using hot water as this might further peel the colour. Instead, use lukewarm water and massage the goods into your scalp gently.
- And finally, try to avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach or peroxide on your hair and give your bleached hair a break by wearing it in low-maintenance styles like buns or ponytails every now and then. Keep split ends at bay by scheduling frequent trims with your stylist.
- The combination of avocado and banana will restore moisture to your bleached hair. Take an equal amount of avocado and banana, combine it together, put on your gloves, apply it to your hair, let it dry for more than half an hour, after that wash it off with warm water.
- The best source of protein is eggs; it will help improve keratin in your hair. You can make this the next time you wash your hair: mix an egg into your shampoo before you start to wash. Eggs are not just useful for building your body, they’re also great in improving your hair health.
Salon Treatment for a Damaged Bleached Hair
If you have damaged bleached hair, there are certain salon treatments that can help to restore it.
- One option is a protein treatment, which can help to repair and strengthen your hair.
- Another option is a deep conditioning treatment, which can hydrate and nourish your hair.
- If your bleached hair is particularly damaged, you may also need to get a trim, as this can help to get rid of the split ends and damages.
- A keratin treatment is one of the most popular hair tips and treatments at hair salons. It is a chemical hair treatment that is intended to smooth rough or frizzy hair while minimizing damage or breakage. Keratin is a protein-rich product that can penetrate the hair follicle and feed it with essential nutrients.
If you follow these tips, taking care of bleached hair is easy and your damaged bleached hair will soon be healthy and happy again.
Did you know: Only 2% of individuals globally have naturally blonde hair.
Bleach Your Hair Without the Fear of Damage
Toni&Guy specialize in hair styles that make you look and feel your best. Toni&Guy professional stylists who are always up-to-date on the latest trends, are determined to give the luxurious experience and use only the premium products. From classic styling to modern styling, all the expectations will be met. Stop by today and see what Toni&Guy can do for you!
If you have bleached hair, you must take additional care of it to avoid damage. You can accomplish this by using a deep conditioner weekly once, avoiding heat styling equipment, and applying a leave-in treatment. Follow these simple tips, you can maintain and keep your bleached hair looking healthy and gorgeous as taking care of bleached hair is an important part.
- Can coloring be done immediately after bleaching?
Coloring can be done only after the minimum duration of two weeks once after bleaching it.
- Can we do hair wash before bleaching it?
No, we should not wash our hair just before bleaching it as it may result in less effectiveness.
- Does bleaching the hair cause dryness and frizziness?
Yes. Using a high concentration bleach or hair products cause frizz and dryness.
- Does bleaching the hair cause damage to it?
If you don’t give it time to recover, frequent bleaching and heat products will permanently damage the hair.